Apple Cider Vinegar Coffee
Talking about Apple Cider Vinegar coffee combination, most researchers suggested not to combine coffee and ACV. But some people like the flavor of espresso apple cider vinegar and make it at home also. Most people also use ACV to clean the coffee maker or coffee pot. There are many side effects to drinking coffee with apple cider vinegar, so people who like to have it must try it not very often. The best drink made with ACV and coffee is apple cider latte.
How to make Apple Cider Latte/Coffee with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider latte is a blend of steamed espresso, frothed milk, and ACV, smooth, perfect, and creamy.
Ingredients for apple cider latte
- 3 ounces ACV
- Two shots of espresso (or) ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup milk, skim or oat milk is best
For whipped cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- One teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Making Apple Cider Latte
- First, make coffee or espresso from the coffee maker.
- Meanwhile, blend the ACV, maple syrup, and milk safely in a microwave container or use a saucepan.
- With low heat/simmer, whisk all three ingredients till they are well combined.
- Pour the coffee or espresso into the mug.
- Also, in medium-low heat, boil the milk in a small saucepan till the milk starts steaming before removing it from the heat. Don’t boil the milk too much; it separates the fat from the milk, and curdling happens.
- Use a frother, froth the warm milk along with cider blend. Now pour the whole mixture into the espresso or coffee mug.
- Finally, top the apple cider vinegar coffee with the whipped cream and a little cinnamon stick or nutmeg to serve.
Tips to make Apple Cider Latte
- The first tip is to use espresso to make the coffee with apple cider vinegar. If espresso is not available, then use strong brewed coffee or even instant espresso.
- Go for non-dairy milk for the great results of making apple cider latte. We can also use frothed oat milk or skim milk for the best results.
- The main issue in making the apple cider latte is blending. If we are making the recipe at home, make sure to blend all the ingredients well. The trick to blending the ingredients is to heat them separately before blending. If cold apple cider is added to hot coffee and milk, the liquid will curdle. Don’t skip this step while preparing.
- Use the strong whipped cream; homemade cream will taste creamy and delicious. Prepare the whipped cream at home for good results.
Is it safe to drink Apple Cider Vinegar Coffee?
- No, Mixing ACV and coffee is not safe to drink. There are some side effects and even health problems by having apple cider vinegar coffee.
- When ACV is combined with coffee, there will be an increase in acidity in the body that consumes it.
- Excessive drinking of ACV and coffee can also cause some side effects like bloating, nausea, heartburn, and high blood pressure.
- The higher caffeine amount in the coffee will slow down the absorption of ACV in the body.
- People will not get the full health benefits of APV due to the slow absorption in the bloodstream.
- Many researchers also suggested having the APV and coffee separately is best for health.