Can I make Dalgona Coffee with a milk frother? Yes, We can make Dalgona coffee with a milk frother, which works amazing. Dalgona coffee, also known as fluffy/whipped coffee/Korean coffee which usually made with instant coffee, a bit of water, sugar, milk, and ice cubes.
- 1 What is Dalgona Coffee?
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is very popular in South Korea; in Greece, it is a Frappe coffee, and in India, it is a Beaten coffee. But most people will call Dalgona coffee Whipped coffee. We can make Dalgona coffee with a milk frother easily.
It is an iced caffeinated, delicious sweet beverage made with sugar, milk, and instant coffee. Dalgona coffee got its name because of the fluffy, creamy coffee, which resembles the Dalgona candy from South Korea. Dalgona candy is just like honeycomb or sponge toffee.
Korean coffee is also called Tiktok coffee and a myriad coffee because of its whipped texture and viral on Tiktok, Twitter, and insta feed. It is the best way to spend some time at home. It is easy to make, and no need to run to any Starbucks.
Whipped coffee is popular mostly from the stems of South Korea. People of South Korea made it trending during isolation or social distancing. Everyone was struck at home because of isolation and started making whipped coffee which needs less time to prepare and looks cute.
Whipped coffee is popular worldwide but got famous in Korea because of a big Korean actor who discovered it in Macau. People in India and Pakistan are also making this fluffy Korean coffee. Whipped coffee comes from Greece; a guy from Nescafe figured that the instant Nescafe would whip nice and fast; they call it a Frappe.
Types of Equipment to Whip Dalgona Coffee
Hand-Held Electric Mixer: The electric mixer is the easiest way to whip coffee. We can whisk the instant coffee mixture with one press without using arm strength.
Matcha or Small Whisk: It is the cheapest way to whip coffee. It works well, and we don’t need machines to do it. It takes time, but it will not use much strength or exercise to whip.
Stand Mixer: Stand Mixer is hands-free but has enough liquid in the bowl so that the whisk touches the mixture. We must do a triple or quadruple batch.
Hand-Held Frother: We can use a handheld frother, but it must be powerful, and we need to whip it for a long time. People, most of the time, get frustrated. Someone using the frother must use a cup or jar instead of a bowl.
Stuff to put on Whipped Coffee
Below are some of the stuff to put on the Korean coffee:
- Pumpkin spice
- Less Sugar
- Caffeine free
Can I make Dalgona Coffee with a Milk Frother
Ingredients to make Whipped Coffee
- Two teaspoons of instant coffee
- Two teaspoons of sugar
- Water to cover the mixture of sugar and instant coffee
- Milk, for a vegan, uses a plant-based alternative as a coffee drink
- Ice cubes
- Calories: 163
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Potassium: 391mg
- Sugar: 20g
- Vitamine A: 264IU
- Iron: 1mg
- Calcium: 184mg
Use an electrical milk frother for a quick result. Instead of using the whisk and whipping by hand or beating the coffee mixture with a hand mixer in a bowl, get an electric milk frother with a mini battery to operate the devices.
How to Make Dalgona coffee with a milk frother?
- First, take a tall cup and pour two teaspoons of instant coffee.
- Now add two teaspoons of sugar to it.
- Add hot or room temperature water splash to cover the coffee and sugar mixtures.
- Take an electric milk frother or flip it with a hand whisk until the mixture becomes a thick foam.
- Using a hand whisk takes 5 minutes, and with an electric milk frother, it just takes less than a minute to form a thick foam.
- Add milk and ice cubes to the cup in which we will have the drink.
- Finally, place the thick foam of instant coffee on top of the milk using a spoon.
- Take a tall cup while whipping, preventing splashing drops of the coffee mixture on the kitchen surfaces.
- Some people like to whisk a soft drink with their hands, then use a bowl instead for beating the mixture.
- Coconut or almond milk is recommended for making whipped coffee because its sweet foam layer will complement the plant-based milk’s nutty taste well.
- Some people will add food color liquid to the instant coffee before whipping it to have the fluffy foam in their favorite color.
- Use hot water in the coffee mixture before whipping for the best and fast results.
The Dalgona coffee is a fun drink at home and looks aesthetically pleasing. So start experimenting with instant coffee, sugar, and milk products for a perfect whipped coffee. Also, try different colors of foam by using plant-based milk or the food color of your choice.
Yes, we can make whipped coffee without sugar. But the sugar will help the instant coffee to whip perfectly and makes it fluffy like meringue texture which holds the shape for a while. We can also use stevia in the raw and sweetener granules, but it will not make the perfect fluffy texture.
We can use any milk or any milk substitutes like oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, cashew milk, rice milk, etc. Use any kind of milk which has a creamy mouth feel.
There is caffeine in the instant coffee used in the whipped coffee.
According to some websites, the secret behind the whipped coffee’s unique fluffy or foaming ability is instant coffee has less oil when compared to freshly brewed coffee. Most manufacturers use two methods to make instant coffee, spray-drying, and freeze-drying.